Instagram Advertising Will Expand
The forecast for paid social ads in 2015 is foggy. While many marketers put their money into paid social media ads, the return isn’t what many would expect. According to Forrester, social media users do not engage with social content very often. Their findings were based on the study of 3 million user interactions with more than 2,500 brand posts on seven popular social networks. On six of those social networks, the brands that were studied achieved an engagement rate of less than 0.1 percent. This means that for every 1 million fans a brand has on Facebook, each post only has about 700 likes. But, the future isn’t all that bleak for one growing social network: Instagram. Forrester reports that Instagram posts generated 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook and 120 times more engagement on Twitter. If your brand is not finding success on Facebook, try Instagram in 2015. The social network isn’t reserved for youth-centric brands, either. Companies including General Electric and Ford Motor Company have found success on this network.
Social Media Engagement Marketer Heidi Cohen lists the social media marketing predictions for 2015.
- Know your target audience and their hot buttons.
- Write regular features responding to your audience’s needs and interests.
- Include a featured image as a reader magnet.
- Craft alluring headlines to attract an audience.
- Format blog posts to facilitate consumption.
- Ask visitors to follow you on Facebook and Twitter in your sidebar.
- Include social sharing icons at the top and bottom of every blog post.
- Complete your personal profile.
- Create a blog profile.
- Incorporate your blog’s brand into your Facebook timeline photograph, Twitter image and background.
- Participate on Facebook and Twitter.
- Get your blog buddies to cross promote each other’s blog posts.
- Monitor what your competitors are doing on Facebook and Twitter.
- Like your post on your own Facebook profile.
- Share your post on your blog fan page.
- Create a graphic of your post information.
- Pay for views using Facebook’s promoted posts.
- Create a Facebook app to encourage blog email registrations.
- Tweet each blog post three to four times the day it’s published.
- Break blog posts into tweetable chunks.
- Pre-format tweets for reader use.
- Add optimal hashtags to extend reach.
- Use a scheduling tool to publish your tweets.
- Thank people for sharing your blog posts.
- Participate in relevant Twitter chats.