Rules, Guidelines & Tips to Follow:
The Awards PresentationFinalists will be announced October 2019. Winners will be announced live in November 2019 at the first annual CEVA Gala
The RulesAll entries must refer to activity in the venue and or category criteria for one year prior to the entry deadline. The entry period (the time frame in which you need to submit your entry) is from June 1, 2019, to October 5, 2019.
Follow these steps to submit your entry
- Register. Fill in your contact details and ensure your email is correctly entered. Choose your categories. Choose ALL the categories you will enter as you will pay for all of them during this step. You will also pay for your Joint Entries here as well, but you can learn more about that below.
- Pay for your entries. Once you have completed the registration form and chosen all the categories, and you added the extra joint entries if applicable, you will then submit and pay. You may return until the submission period ends to update or edit your entry.
- Find your PIN. After you have paid, you will immediately receive an email with the link to your unique entry portal and a personal PIN. You will use this PIN to access your portal and enter your events. All your chosen categories will be linked and listed in this portal for you to complete.
- Fill in the entry form for your category. You can fill-in, edit and submit the entries during the active entry submission period. Once the deadline has closed your link will no longer work and you cannot edit any longer.
- FOR JOINT ENTRIES: When you are choosing your categories from the category list, please choose the item " ADD Joint Entry" to your order. Add one for every extra entrant on your application. So, if you have yourself plus two others, choose 3 joint entries. You will be charged for each one. Once you get your PIN and are in your unique portal you will "assign" your joint entrants to the correct category. Category Guide
- Enter as many categories as you like, however, you must change the title, change the 100-word summary to reflect the category and it is suggested but not mandatory that you tailor the entry content to the category to allow for the best judging outcome. All attachments must be renamed to the category name as well.
- For detailed category criteria please review the judging and entry criteria listed in the category list
All Entries Must IncludeEach category has specific requirements for the documents and pieces you need to submit. Please go to the entry form for your category and there you will find the requirements. We also recommend you review the category judging criteria on the main categories list.
- Opening Statement (300 words)
- Main page image
- Description Paragraphs - refer to the entry form for specific questions to answer for each category (Maximum 1000 words each)
- Marketing materials/charts/drawings/artwork/any extra documentation - if applicable
- Uploads - files to support your entry- if applicable
- Gallery of images (CANNOT be over 3 MB each. You may embed images in PDF but document size cannot exceed 15 MB and you still must submit MIN 5 – MAX 10 JPEG images).
- Video (if applicable)
- Links to websites if applicable
- A separate entry must be submitted for each entry
- The full amount of all entry fees for each entrant listed must accompany your entry package.
- Budgets are not displayed and are kept confidential - if applicable
- Judges decisions are final
- DO NOT embed images into a document unless you can keep the doc file size very low. Otherwise, the server will reject it.
- Name your attachments correctly: Company Name – Award Category If you avoid using your name and category in the file name we cannot sort it.
- Choose images that make sense.
- Try to avoid the last-minute rush… it helps our server out.
- NOTE: Entries become the property of Canadian Special Events Media Group and may be published in Canadian Special Events, or their associated websites.
Pricing and Payments
- Pricing is $125 for each entrant.
- Joint entry fees: Every additional entrant (Joint entry) is an additional fee. Example: ABC Venue + ABC Event Company want to enter for Best Marketing Launch. This = two entrants. So when registering Sally Jane Events would enter herself and then choose to add only 1 Joint entrant. YOU are the default and already included so do not add yourself twice.
Good luck and if you need assistance please call (204) 415 3976 or email us at email@example.com