TK Events creates global event experiences for some of the world’s leaders in innovation and technology. Uniquely positioned to produce both live in-person and virtual events with their custom virtual event platform, you can count on the TK team for end-to-end event execution. They are event producers, designers and execution experts who move fast, just as their clients do, with a laser focus on bringing brands to life, creating connections and ROI from events. They help the world’s largest brands connect with customers, partners, employees and industry influencers.
For the team at TK, planning a client’s #SundanceFilmFestival virtual event was surreal. Firstly, they still can’t believe that ten months into the pandemic, we are still here. Like everyone else, they figured it would be a few weeks. Still, with each passing month, they continue to build their virtual toolbox, create new interactive experiences for their clients and develop unique and innovative tech that they are using to blow the minds of their audiences. In the world of virtual, TK Events is an absolute rockstar, and with 100+ virtual events under their belts, they have some pretty good lessons to share. Here are the top 10.
- We won’t be going back to how it was before covid; ever. If you’re not thinking of how you will produce hybrid events – start now!
- While we make it look easy – virtual is complex. A virtual event prof needs to have a pulse on all areas of the company – it means working with your IT, graphics and comms teams, new event tech, and production – you have to step out of your zone and become a master wrangler or, you won’t make it.
- Plan your budget. For one production alone, we had 24 crew members/computers to produce the general session. Budget for production, activations, entertainment and compelling speakers. Some of the best events we’ve produced involved gifted speakers and celebrity entertainment.
- More Production. While we love ourselves a zoom meeting – nothing beats a slick production. With virtual, you can seamlessly bring in global presenters remotely with studio production and effects. Take advantage of the opportunities.
- Pre-recorded is just fine thank you. Live streaming pre-recorded content works – If you’ve watched the inauguration, awards shows – all have combined pre-recorded and live performances in impressive productions.
- Audiences are craving connections. You can deliver that with chat, video conferencing, and audience engagement tools which, leads us to our next point…
- You can have fun. Putting the fun in engagement is actually easier. Consider if you had to fly four entertainment acts to your event – you likely couldn’t afford it. This year in virtual we brought audiences up close with a Raptors player in a family event, multiple executive thought leaders, iconic entertainers – it’s all possible.
- The world isn’t ending if things go wrong. Actually, technology glitches are part of our every day. No one can solve the internet but have a game plan to respond to problems.
The event industry is forever changed, and it’s time to use our learnings to begin planning for our ‘new normal’. Were looking to experts like Trish Knox and her team at TK Events to lead us into the new world.
About TK Events: TK Events creates global event experiences for some of the world’s leaders in innovation and technology. We’re event producers, designers and execution experts who move fast, just as our clients do, with a laser focus on bringing their brand to life, creating connections and ROI from events. We help the world’s largest brands connect with customers, partners, employees and industry influencers.
Connect with TK Events: Facebook ~ Linkedin ~ Instagram ~ Website ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest